The Bradley Stoke Journal aims to bring you news and in-depth analysis of the important issues in the town.
Our website was originally founded to track the progress of the new town centre development in Bradley Stoke (now known as the Willow Brook Centre) but we now cover everything that’s going on in Bradley Stoke, including business news, charity events, politics, sports events and lots more.
In order to cover hosting costs, the website carries a limited amount of local and national advertising.
The vast majority of our news articles are independently written but we do occasionally run sponsored articles for which we might receive payment from an advertiser (any such articles will be clearly identified as “sponsored”).
If you are interested in advertising on the website, please ask for our rate card through the Contact Us page.
This website is produced independently of Bradley Stoke Town Council, Tesco Stores Limited and the Willow Brook Centre, although we regularly cooperate with those organisations in order to bring you the latest local news.
The Bradley Stoke Journal is published by North Bristol Press, a trading name of:
Snowberry Media Ltd
Registered office: 7 Chelford Grove, Patchway, Bristol BS34 6DD
Company number: 8451178 (England and Wales)
We’re always looking for people to help out with producing The Journal. Areas of interest include:
- Company Name:Bradley Stoke Journal
Desktop Display, Email, Social
- Headline:Monthly news magazine and website for the town of Bradley Stoke, South Gloucestershire - on the northern fringe of Bristol (BS32). Community news, photos and discussion.
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesAutomotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, Education, Entertainment, Financial Services, Food & Beverage, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Sports, Technology, Telecommunications, Travel & Leisure, eCommerce
- Key DifferentiatorAdvertise With Us Online and in print, we are Bradley Stoke’s number one independent news source. The Bradley Stoke Journal Magazine Launched in May 2013, the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH to all 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke plus 800 homes in the neighbouring areas of Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. A further 700 copies of the magazine are left at public locations in Almondsbury, Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke, Patchway, Stoke Lodge, Stoke Gifford and Winterbourne, giving a total monthly distribution of 10,200 copies. What people are saying about the magazine “I am really impressed, it’s a fantastic read. Really positive, informative and genius issues of local interest.” Scott Lahive, Manager, Willow Brook Centre, Bradley Stoke “Brilliant publication. Advert has paid for itself!” Phil Ashton, Phil Ashton Plumbing and Property Maintenance (advertiser) The Bradley Stoke Journal Website Bradley Stoke, Bristol - Google Analytics Welcome to Bradley Stoke’s no.1 advertising medium! Looking to advertise your business to the 20,000+ population of Bradley Stoke? The Bradley Stoke Journal is the only online newspaper that exclusively serves this town. We know Bradley Stoke inside out – its people, its politicians, its sports clubs, its youth groups, its businesses. What we don’t know about Bradley Stoke isn’t worth knowing! This website has run over 1,000 news stories and published more than 600 pages of community information since it was launched in early 2008. More than eight years on, the site now regularly attracts more than 40,000 pageviews a month, from more than 13,000 unique visitors (verified by Google Analytics). With prices starting from just £5 per month and no option costing more than £60 a month, what are you waiting for? Give us a call NOW on 01454 300 400 or drop us an email. Advertise in Bradley Stoke - Homepage Advertise in Bradley Stoke Today’s consumer is seeking news and information at the press of a button and is no longer prepared to seek out that dusty town directory or advertising booklet from the back of the drawer (assuming it wasn’t thrown away as junk mail). Your customers are now online, many of them every hour of the day. Thousands are joining them every month. You need to be there too! The Bradley Stoke Journal offers a comprehensive and flexible range of advertising opportunities that include: Banner adverts Sponsored articles Sponsored pages Competition management Reader offers Business showcase pages Google Adwords News feed integration Free directory listing Unlike some other local advertisers, we don’t insist on a long-term commitment. With us, you can “pay as you go”. Looking to advertise within the wider North Bristol area? For a small supplement, we can also run your advertising on our other websites in Filton, Patchway and Stoke Gifford. Please ask for details. Looking for a local leaflet delivery service? Our partner BS Distribution Services can deliver your A5 leaflet to all 8,650 homes in Bradley Stoke for just £200! Banner Adverts Examples of banner placements: NEW! Slots A, B & C – Extra Sidebar A 180 x 270 pixel (maximum) banner that appears: in the ‘extra sidebar’ on the right-hand side of every page Impressions per month: approx 40,000 Advertise WIth Us - Extra Sidebar (Right) Further slots D, E & F (beneath A, B & C) available on request. Slot 0 – Top of homepage A 468 x 60 or 468 x 90 pixel banner that appears: At the top of the home page Impressions per month: approx 10,000 Slot 1 – Homepage A 468 x 300 pixel (maximum) banner that appears: after the first story on the homepage Impressions per month: approx 10,000 Slot 2 – Sidebar A 180 x 180 pixel (maximum) banner that appears: In the sidebar of every page, below the subscription icons Sold in one-fifth shares (each share having a random 1 in 5 chance of appearing on any given page view) Impressions per month: approx 8,000 per one-fifth share Slot 3 – Sidebar A 180 x 270 pixel (maximum) banner that appears: in the sidebar of every page, below the Recent Comments section) Impressions per month: approx 40,000 Slot 4 – Foot of internal pages A 728 x 250 pixel (maximum) banner that appears: at the bottom of every internal page (but NOT the homepage) Impressions per month: approx 30,000 Slot 5 – Foot of homepage A 728 x 250 pixel (maximum) banner that appears: at the bottom of the homepage (does not appear on internal pages) Impressions per month: approx 10,000 Slot 6 – Homepage A 468 x 300 pixel (maximum) banner that appears: after the second or third story on the homepage Impressions per month: approx 10,000 Slot 7 – Appended to content of internal pages A 468 x 300 pixel or 300 x 250 banner that appears: at the bottom of every internal page (but NOT the homepage), directly after the page content Impressions per month: approx 30,000 Slot 8 – Internal pages A 468 x 60 or 468 x 90 pixel banner that appears: At the top of every internal page Impressions per month: approx 30,000 Which slot is best for your business? If you are advertising a time-limited event or offer, we would suggest taking a slot with a 100% impression rate for one month. Slot 0 has maximum prominence, being above the first news article on the home page; it can be combined with slot 8 to give coverage across all pages. Slots 1, 3 and the A/B/C & D/E/F groups give the greatest number of impressions. If you are looking to increase brand awareness or have a long-term marketing aim, slot 2 (with a 20% impression rate per share) can be taken for a longer period of six months. Sponsored Articles We can publish a sponsored news article (advertorial) about your business, which will appear in our standard news flow, i.e. syndicated in our RSS, Facebook and Twitter feeds. The article must be about some newsworthy event (e.g. opening of a new branch, publicising a special event or discount, availability of new services etc.). It will be clearly designated as an “advertising feature”, in accordance with industry best practice. Examples of recent sponsored articles that we have run: Information day for Bradley Stoke retirement development New bike repair service will come to you Tone up and burn body fat at the Little Stoke ‘bootcamp’ Maths and English study centre to open new Saturday class Guidelines for writing a sponsored article: Your article should be written in the third person and answer the questions: Who, What, Where, When, Why? It should be at least 200 words in length; there is no upper limit. We require all our articles to have at least one photo or logo (please supply images as separate files). You are welcome to use more. We can use “lighbox” technology to pop-up full size images (up to A5 size) from a reduced size version. When the article appears on the home page or on an archive page, it will have a “read more link” after the first 200 words (approx), so you should include the most important aspects of your article within those 200 words. A sponsored article will continue to work for you indefinitely, long after it has been published, through its presence in search engine results. Sponsored Pages You can sponsor one of the directory or information pages on our website. Many of these pages are top-ranked on Google for searches of the form “<some service> Bradley Stoke”. If your business is a good match for the information on the page, you can tap into the potential of pre-qualified high-relevance visitors. Sponsorship of a page entitles you to a large banner towards the top of the page and top position in any directory listing on the page. Examples of sponsored pages in our Town Guide: Driving Schools (sponsored by Sparkies Driving School) Home Improvements (sponsored by Topfit Kitchens and Bathrooms) Mortgages & Financial Advice (Sponsored by The Mortgage Market) Competition Management Have you thought of promoting your business through a consumer competition or prize draw? We can manage the whole process for you, from the design of a dedicated competition entry page to promotion of your competition through sponsored articles, banner adverts and social media marketing. Example of a recent consumer competition managed by The Journal: Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness Reader Offers If you are able to offer our readers an exclusive deal on your company’s products or services, we will give you a discount on our standard advertising rates (subject to negotiation). Business Showcase Pages We can provide you with a dedicated page in the Business Showcase section of our website, where your can describe the services provided by your business. This option is geared towards companies that don’t have their own website but can also be used by those that do, in order to provide a message that is customised for the target area of Bradley Stoke. Examples of business showcase pages: Bristol Trading Post Wash Shop plus Google Adwords Bradley Stoke, Bristol - Google Adsense We run Google Adsense banners throughout our website, so if your business uses the Google Adwords pay-per-click programme, you can target your adverts to our website. We have defined specific custom channels for the following slots: Top of homepage (486 x 60 pixels) Footer on homepage (728 x 90 pixels) Jobs page (486 x 60 pixels) We would be happy to define custom channels for any other pages you might wish to target. Newsfeed Integration We can integrate messages from your newsfeeds (RSS, Facebook, Twitter) into our pages. If you are already generating a news feed using one of these methods, this is a great way of getting wider exposure for your business with zero extra effort. We can insert your Facebook or Twitter messages anywhere on our website – mock-ups provided on request. With prices starting from just £5 per month and no option costing more than £60 a month, what are you waiting for? Give us a call NOW on 01454 300 400 or drop us an email. Social Media – Sponsored Sharing We offer a ‘sponsored sharing’ service, whereby we agree to ‘share’ selected messages that you put out on your business’s own Facebook page or Twitter feed on The Journal’s respective Facebook or Twitter stream. This is a great way to increase the reach of your important messages, with very little extra effort on your part. Please ask for more details and pricing. Free Directory Listing Local companies are entitled to a free basic listing in our Town Guide. An entry can include: Name of business One line (approx 60 characters) description of services offered Address (if applicable) Telephone number Website address (if applicable) Free entries are provided at the Editor’s discretion and we may ask you to reciprocate the favour, e.g. by including a link to the Bradley Stoke Journal on your website or Facebook page. Send us your details now via our Contact Us page! Technical Information Banner sizes Teaser advert Please take note of the pixel dimensions specified for each slot. A large graphic that you have used in another publications may become unreadable when shrunk down to fit in one of the smaller slots. If you need help, please call us for a chat. It is possible to accommodate larger graphics (up to A5) by linking to a dedicated page from a smaller “teaser” banner. Click the banner on the right to see an example. The destination may also be a PDF file. Artwork If you wish to design your own artwork, even if it’s just a mock-up, we can supply templates of the standard banner sizes on request. If you are unable to provide your own artwork for advertising banners, we can provide a professional design service (ask for details). Prices start from £20. Website Statistics Bradley Stoke, Bristol - Google Analytics Please don’t be afraid to ask for more details of our website statistics, verified by Google Analytics. We’re proud of them and are happy to share data with genuinely interested advertisers.
- Owned / Operated Propertiesbradleystokejournal.co.uk
- 6642208 Global Rank
- 482203 United Kingdom
- 2.37k Estimated Visits
Advertising on Bradley Stoke Journal will allow you to reach consumers in industries or verticals such as eCommerce, Sports, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Technology, Non-Profit, Entertainment, Education, Travel & Leisure, Automotive, Food & Beverage, Consumer Packaged Goods, Financial Services, Telecommunications.
They have 2 advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus.