Desktop Display, Mobile Display, Social, Desktop Video
- Headline:Publisher: Natural hair care for kids, adoption, and family life.
- Key DifferentiatorMy blog is a chronicle of what I do and why I do it. It covers my journey learning to care for my daughter’s naturally curly hair, as well as transracial adoption and family life, exploring identity, respect, and empowerment, often using hair as our common language. Although the main focus of the blog surrounds haircare, it is my goal to provide a cultural context within which we've established our routines in the hopes of better illustrating how our choices fit into the broader picture of our family life. Blogging began as my way of helping other adoptive/foster parents learn to care for natural hair, but has grown into so much more. In addition to chronicling everyday activities such as growing hair, products, and step-by-step instructions, you can also follow my daughter and I as we find our footing on life’s journey.<br /> <br /> Chocolate Hair / Vanilla Care is evidence that if <i>I</i> can do hair, <i>anyone</i> can do it! This former motorcycle-riding tomboy never would have imagined that one day I’d be writing about such girly things as hairstyles. Yet here I am, blogging into my third year at Chocolate Hair / Vanilla Care!<br /> <br /> As a single parent (Boo's father and I are now divorced), I’m currently working as a freelance writer and social media consultant. I hold degrees in Cultural Anthropology and Theatre (history and criticism), having attended both UC Berkeley (Go Bears!) and UCLA. I’m also self-taught in UNIX systems administration, having enjoyed more than 10 years in that career at UCLA before leaving to focus on raising my daughter full time. However, I’m only truly happy when completely over-committed, throwing myself into too many side-projects from penning my first novel to hair tutoring sessions, in addition to running daily: Nothing like keeping both my mind and body challenged!
- Owned / Operated Propertieschocolatehairvanillacare.com
- 10509110 Global Rank
- 2704775 United States
- 993 Estimated Visits
Email / Social Data
- 12.7k display total monthly uniques
- 31.1k display total monthly impressions
- 6k mobile total monthly uniques
- 16.6k mobile monthly overall impressions