Looking for free and cheap things to do in Kansas City? Want to sample the city’s attractions, hotels, restaurants, and bars without breaking the bank? Me, too! At Kansas City on the Cheap, you’ll find out how to get the best for less. Nearly every day I’ll post a new discount, deal or steal. Come back often (or subscribe) for the latest news. You – and your budget –will thank me.
Head Shot 3Kansas City on the Cheap is owned and operated by Kansas City native Julie Henry, a freelance writer, editor, and project manager who loves the thrill of scoring a good deal. She was raised in a family of eight, so she learned early on about living on the cheap.
In addition to writing about deals and discounts, Julie is an established medical writer. She has done work for a number of national health care organizations, including The Joint Commission, The American Academy of Family Physicians, Elsevier, and the Society for Teachers of Family Medicine. For more information about Julie, check out her Web site.
Kansas City on the Cheap is part of the Living on the Cheap network, a group of like-minded frugalistas and consumer advocates. The network has local “cheap” sites in 40+ U.S. cities. It attracts more than 250,000 unique visitors monthly, with a combined reach of 47,000 daily newsletter subscribers, 43,200 Twitter followers and 41,300 Facebook fans, as well as communities on Google+ and Pinterest. Our goal is to help you find ways to not merely survive tough economic times, but to enjoy yourselves without feeling deprived.
Got a lead on a great deal? Email me at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: I post the deals as I find them. Prices and promotions are subject to change at any time and without notice. If you think something sounds too good to be true, check with the merchant before you head out.
National deals are only good at “participating locations.” You should always check with your preferred location to make sure they’re participating before heading out.
Affiliate Links: Some of the deals posted on Kansas City on the Cheap include affiliate links (e.g., Groupon, Living Social, Restaurant.com). What does that mean to you? Not much. The deal is still the same for you, and using our links won’t cost you any extra. What does that mean for us? We get a little bit of money for the referral.
As always, we will continue to post what we think are the best deals, whether or not they include an affiliate link. But like everyone else, we have to pay the bills. So if you do download a coupon or use our links to take advantage of a deal, thank you!
- Company Name:Kansas City On The Cheap
- Parent Company Name:Living on the Cheap
Desktop Display, Email, Social
- Headline:Kansas City on the Cheap finds deals, discounts and free events in Greater Kansas City.
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesAutomotive, Clothing & Fashion, Consumer Packaged Goods, Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Retail, Sports, Technology, Travel & Leisure, eCommerce
- Key DifferentiatorAdvertise on Kansas City on the Cheap and reach readers in Kansas City who are searching for bargains on events, products and services. Content is updated nearly every day. What others are saying about Cities on the Cheap blogs: Woman’s Day magazine lists Cities on the Cheap as a site that’ll help you “live well on less.” The legendary Arthur Frommer of Frommer’s guidebooks says he’s “powerfully attracted” to Cities on the Cheap and that “ultra-penny-pinchers all over the nation are paying attention.” Travel Blog says Cities on the Cheap is the “Blog to Watch.” MSN Money’s Smart Spending blog calls Cities on the Cheap “a great new resource to help us through tough times.” The Kansas City Star calls Kansas City on the Cheap editor a “recessionista” and a “bargain diva” and encourages readers to “Get up and have some fun already.” What our readers are saying: “Wow, do I love your blog! I’m a college student just out of my first year living at home and I swear I wouldn’t know what to do if I didn’t have this blog. My boyfriend and I are both terribly broke and we’re so used to going out and doing lots of things, so it’s nice to have free things to do now!” I just recently found your blog and really enjoy it! I have five children from 6 months to 8 years old and we’re always looking for cheap fun out of the house. Thanks for all you do — this is one family that really appreciates the work you put into this site. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for your rate card and advertising contract.
- Owned / Operated Propertieskansascityonthecheap.com
- 1450858 Global Rank
- 357441 United States
- 40.8k Estimated Visits