For more than 136 years, The Mount Airy News has served the people of Surry County as their primary source of news, as well as a guide to satisfy the community’s appetite for goods and services through advertising of local merchants. The Mount Airy News traces its heritage back to 1880, when the first issue was published. The News may be the oldest continuously operated business in Mount Airy, starting as a weekly publication just 15 years after the Civil War concluded. Over those decades, the newspaper grew to publish twice a week, then three times each week, and eventually became a five-day-a-week daily.
In more recent years, the newspaper added a sixth day of publication.
The Mount Airy News is a regional printing hub, with several other newspapers and other products being printed here, including tri-weekly Elkin Tribune and the weekly newspapers The Stokes News, The Pilot, The Carroll News, The Yadkin Ripple, The Weekly Independent and the twice-a-week newspaper The Jefferson Post.
Multimedia delivery to a large percentage of the community
Our goal of giving readers a balanced and fair account of what goes on in this community and elsewhere in the world will never change, while the means through which we deliver your community news and information has expanded rapidly. Today, our community members can take their news in print seven times a week, through e-mail daily, online and using their mobile devices anytime, as well as through live streaming broadcasts from locations around town. Currently we reach more than 70,000 unique visitors across these various products.
The Mount Airy News seeks to provide the news the community needs, reported faithfully and fully, with respect for all and favor to none. We strive to be authoritative and insightful, to inform and to delight.
To accomplish this mission, we set for ourselves the following goals:
To be the indispensable, timely source of information and community coverage, examining all subjects that impact readers.
To provide community members with information relevant to their daily lives.
To raise issues aggressively and constructively in matters of public interest.
To reflect the diversity of our community’s people.
To ensure that the right information, reaches the right audience, at the time they want it using the wide variety of formats available to us.
Our news and information products have our name on it, however we want you to think of it as yours, too. Use it, enjoy it, and let us know how we can make it better. We are eager to hear from you.
Contact Information: Publisher Sandy Hurley, 336-415-4635, email@example.com
Editor John Peters, 336-415-4701, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising Manager Sherry Stanley, 336-415-4685
- Company Name:Mount Airy News
Headquarters:319 N Renfro St., Mount Airy, NC 27030
Desktop Display, Mobile Display, Social
- Headline:Publisher: Mount Airy News - mtairynews.com
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesAutomotive, Clothing & Fashion, Consumer Packaged Goods, Education, Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Government & Politics, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Retail, Sports, Technology, Travel & Leisure, eCommerce
- Key DifferentiatorThe Mount Airy News and our sister papers in the region work to serve the needs of consumers in the area. Matching businesses with local residents is important to us as we showcase the specials offered by local businesses, display inventory, and share information about services provided. From health care to automotive, from equipment sales to retail gifts and clothing... we are the connection for you. Advertising is available within the pages of our newspapers, online through our interactive websites, in monthly special sections, as well as quarterly and annual specialty products.
- Owned / Operated Propertiesmtairynews.com
- 372804 Global Rank
- 79741 United States
- 189k Estimated Visits
- 31k display total monthly uniques
- 252k display total monthly impressions
- 47k mobile total monthly uniques
- 241k mobile monthly overall impressions
Advertising on Mount Airy News will allow you to reach consumers in industries or verticals such as Clothing & Fashion, Consumer Packaged Goods, Entertainment, Government & Politics, Technology, Travel & Leisure, Food & Beverage, Sports, Automotive, Education, Retail, Non-Profit, eCommerce, Health & Beauty, Healthcare.
They are headquartered at 319 N Renfro St., Mount Airy, NC 27030, and have 4 advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus. According to their Ads.txt, Mount Airy News inventory partners include: q1connect.com (q1media), openx.com, adtech.com, aolcloud.net, liqwid.com, advertising.com, google.com, contextweb.com, indexexchange.com, subdomain=games.mtairynews.com, subdomain=v5.comicskingdom.net, spotxchange.com, spotx.tv, exponential.com, tribalfusion.com, aol.com, monetize.com, nextmillennium.io, advertising.com 22153 reseller, adtech.com 10861 reseller, aolcloud.net 10861 reseller, openx.com 537106719 reseller 6a698e2ec38604c6, contextweb.com 561481 reseller, lkqd.net, lkqd.com, appnexus.com, fyber.com, improvedigital.com, districtm.io, springserve.com, pubmatic.com, freewheel.tv, rubiconproject.com, altitudedigital.com, oath.com, brightroll.com, rubicon.com, smartadserver.com, sovrn.com, sfx.freewheel.tv, platform.videologygroup.com, publishers.teads.tv, tremorhub.com, beachfront.com, rockyou.net, rtk.io, thrive.plus, undertone.com, btrll.com.