SCIWAY, pronounced "sky-way," is an acronym for the South Carolina Information Highway. It's also the name of this website, which is the largest and most comprehensive directory of South Carolina information on the Internet.
Most of the 4,000,000 people who visit SCIWAY each year either live in South Carolina or want to move here or vacation here.
SCIWAY includes over 50,000 links to other South Carolina websites as well as an amazing collection of maps, charts, articles, and other resources we've developed. It is organized by subject areas – such as education, history, jobs, real estate, and tourism – and has three main goals:
To help South Carolinians and people throughout the world find information about South Carolina quickly and easily.
To give people a space to create a thriving repository of SC culture and information.
To celebrate the Palmetto State's unparalleled people and places.
Who is SCIWAY?
SCIWAY is run by Tara Bailey, Kerri Fitts, and Robin Welch, a team of three women who love South Carolina a rather ridiculous amount. ;) We are also joined by the inimitable Brandon Coffey, who manages our Facebook group for the SC Picture Project. Lastly, we work with a fantastic team of photographers on a daily basis, and we are deeply grateful to them.
SCIWAY was originally created by Rod Welch at The Citadel in early 1996 as a learning and public service project. Since 1997 it has been privately funded, and it is now published by SCIWAY.net, LLC, a James Island web information company. While SCIWAY is in many ways a public service, it receives no government funding.
We also publish SCIWAY News, an email newsletter about South Carolina ... the South Carolina Picture Project, an online historical repository documenting our state's landmarks and landscapes ... South Carolina Plantations, a site about South Carolina's 1800+ plantations ... and HotelGuides.com, which provides useful information about places to stay in US cities and towns.
SCIWAY is a member of the Better Business Bureau of Central South Carolina and Charleston Area. We have a rating of A+.
If you have an idea about how we could improve SCIWAY ... or if your company or organization would like to advertise on SCIWAY, please write firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 843-795-3951.
- Company Name:Sciway
- Headline:SCIWAY, the South Carolina Information Highway, is the largest directory of South Carolina information on the Internet. It's also fast and easy to use.
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesAutomotive, Clothing & Fashion, Education, Financial Services, Health & Beauty, Technology, Telecommunications, Travel & Leisure
- Key DifferentiatorFor 20 years, SCIWAY has been South Carolina's preeminent website. We serve 8,500,000 people a year. SCIWAY features an amazing collection of photos, maps, charts, articles, and other resources we've developed; we also provide links to over 50,000 South Carolina websites. Our website is organized by subject areas – such as businesses, real estate, events, education, jobs, and tourism. SCIWAY has the highest possible Better Business Bureau score, an A+. We are a member of the BBB of Central South Carolina and the Charleston Area. Demographics With very few exceptions, every person who uses SCIWAY either lives in South Carolina or wants to move or vacation here. Our in-state, out-of-state traffic is almost exactly equal. Our top five sources of out-of-state traffic are North Carolina, Georgia, New York, Ohio, and Florida. California, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Tennessee round out the Top 10. Our visitors' age demographics are as follows: 18 – 24 = 12.70% | 25 – 34 = 19.38% | 35 – 44 = 18.04% 45 – 54 = 18.79% | 55 – 64 = 19.03% | 65+ = 11.64% In order, our visitors' primary consumer interests are: (1) Travel, accommodations, (2) Employment, (3) Real estate, (4) Autos, (5) Home & garden, (6) Education, (7) Financial services, (8) Gifts, (9) IT, phones, and (10) Beauty & apparel. In order, our visitors' "Top 10" general interests are: (1) News, weather, (2) Arts & entertainment, (3) Real estate, relocation, (4) Food & drink, (5) Internet, telecommunications, (6) Reference, (7) Jobs & education, (8) Online communities, (9) Pets, animals, and (10) Sports. Current Advertisers We are thankful for our advertisers, the local SC companies who make SCIWAY possible: Agiaco Art Air Plus Heating & Air Alicia Leeke AquaSafaris Architecture Plus Arrowhead Court at Kingston Plantation Ashley Hall Assisting Angels Home Care Atwood Vacations Automation Engineering Company Avtec Dental Bachelor Hill Antiques BackPorch Properties Beaufort River Tours Bigfoot Media Bill True Hilton Head Real Estate Blanks Law Firm Bluebird Weddings & Events Blueway Adventures Bob Hill Realty Booe Realty Brand Spells Bricks 4 Kidz Brock and Company CPAs Candid Home Inspections Capital City Gymnastics Captain David Sarratt Caraviello Communications Carnes Crossroads Carolina Bauernhaus Ales Carolina Opry Carolina Properties at Lake Marion CarterTodd & Associates Center For African American History, Art and Culture Century 21 Thomas Real Estate Certified Master Builders Charleston Boat Show Charleston Currents Charleston Fishing Adventures Charleston Half Moon Charters Charleston In-water Boat Show Charleston Jewelry and Gifts Charleston Online CPA Charleston PR & Design Charleston Preferred Properties Charleston Real Estate Team Charleston Security Systems Charlotte SEO Children's Discovery Center Chiropractic Wellness Center City Publications Charleston City Scape Winery Coastline Service Contractors Columbia Hypnosis Columbia Restoration Pros Comfy Clothiers Commercial Industrial Supply Core Languages Crabby George's Seafood Buffet Craig's Place Deli & Cafe Cresswind at The Ponds Cromer's Cunningham Team Cyber Solutions Cyclopedia Daniel Island Real Estate Dataw Island Davis Contracting Dieter Company Vacation Rentals and Sales DP Professionals DuBose Fitness Center DuBose Web Group Dunes Realty Vacation Rentals E. Boineau & Company East Islands Rentals Ed Hunnicutt Real Estate Edisto Sales & Rentals Realty 800beachme.com Elliott Beach Rentals Estate Management Services Euphoria Exclusive Properties First Nations Home Mortgage Five Star Construction Folks & DeVenny, LLC Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning Foxbank Plantation Full Circle Fishing Charters Garden City Realty George Sink Injury Lawyers Georgetown Wooden Boat Show GlobalVision Golden Rule Plumbing Governor's School for Science and Mathematics Gnarly Navigations Greater Charleston New Homes Guide Green Acres Turf Farm Greenville Wedding Music Grill Marks GWA Inc Haig Point on Daufuskie Island Hallman Photography Harborview Charters Harbour Town Golf Links Harbour Town Yacht Basin at The Sea Pines Resort Harrelson Agency Marketing Henderson Properties Home Advantage Realty Home Care Plus Home Care of Myrtle Beach HookLead InDefense Security Irmo Insurance Agency Julie G. Rowe Photography Kashmer Interactive Keadle Group KG Workforce Solutions King of Carts Lakeside Villas Cottage Lancaster Real Estate Sales Law Offices of Robertson Wendt Lennon Construction Company Litchfield Real Estate Long Plantation Kennel Louthian Law Firm Machine Tools Marsh View Fishing Charters Martin & Martin Attorneys McLeod Farms Michael's Café & Catering Modern Industrial M of M Business Solutions Myles Trudell Architect Myrtle Beach Home Team Myrtle Beach Vacation Rentals Net Focus Media Newberry Firehouse Conference Center Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants Oak Point Pediatric Dentistry Ocean Drive Beach Rentals O'Neal Village Orangeburg Pecan Company PAC Summer Camps Paint by Joe, Inc Palmetto Payroll Solutions Palmetto Shores Management Pam Harrington Exclusives Peter Tögel Photography Plastic Surgery of the Carolinas The Ponds PremierePC Technology Group Quality Lakes Real Estate School for Success Real Estate School of South Carolina Rebel Ranch Horse Tours The Red Horse Inn Reeves, Aiken & Hightower, LLP Resort Rentals Responsive Media Retreat Myrtle Beach Riggs Partners River Oaks Rooms To Go Ross Almers Photography and Design Ryan Photography Sabal Homes Samaritan Bed and Bath The Sea Pines Resort Sea View Inn Sean Harrington, Realtor at Miler Properties SeaRat Charters SellMyTimeshareNOW Senior Express of the Midlands SeniorAdvisor.com SEOGreenvilleSC 17 South Band Silicon Harbor Communications SmartMarketing Communications So-Lina Auction Solitude Pointe Sonitrol Security Systems South Carolina Attorneys at Law South Carolina Calvert Academy South Carolina HomeCare South Carolina Maritime Museum South Carolina Strawberry Festival Southland Log Homes SouthLand Properties Spink Group Real Estate Split Creek Farm Stillinger Investigations Straight North Summerville Home Team Sweet Caroline Gift Baskets T&C Events Julian Thomas DMD, PA Tod's Hill Triest Agency Trio Solutions 21 East Battery Bed & Breakfast 20/20 Home Inspection Services Two Gals and a Fork Food Tours Upstate Home Care Solutions Vance Investigations Venus Poe Attorney at Law Vikki Crossland | Aiken Real Estate Vintage Designs Vision Technology Management Vitality Medical Centers W Realty Waypost Marketing Wyboo Plantation Yarborough Applegate Personal Injury Lawyers Yeargin Potter Smith Construction Your Call Boat Charters
- Owned / Operated PropertiesSciway.net
- 299094 Global Rank
- 65195 United States
- 300k Estimated Visits
- 88.2k display total monthly uniques