The Record, SUNY Buffalo State’s student-run newspaper, has served as an arena for up-and-coming student journalists to practice their trade while representing a slice of the college community’s identity since the paper’s establishment in 1913. As the largest media organization across the 12,000-student campus, The Record will publish 20 issues throughout the 2013-14 academic year with a print circulation of 1,500 and online circulation of 10,000 monthly. The paper is published each Wednesday when school is in session and is distributed free across campus, including locations inside the Campbell Student Union, Burchfield Penney Art Center, Rockwell Hall, E.H. Butler Library, athletics arenas and select Elmwood Avenue businesses, among others.
The Record’s editorial content, advertising and business functions have been entirely student-run since the first issue published in 1913. The paper is committed to spurring further academic and personal growth among students by disseminating information they can’t get anywhere else. We pledge to be an intellectual, professional and hyper-local publication that evokes change by highlighting the college’s accomplishments and shortcomings, reporting on happenings on and around campus, and investigating social and administrative issues that impact student life.
With a strong commitment to journalistic integrity, The Record informs, entertains and provides a forum for student voices to be heard. Staff stands behind its work due to high ethical standards of accuracy, objectivity and consistency.
Assistant Professor of Communication
Letters to the Editor Policy
To submit letters to the editor for print in the next edition of The Record, please follow the guidelines below:
Letters must be limited to 400 words.
Letters must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6 p.m. the Monday before desired publication. The Record cannot guarantee the letter’s publication if received past this deadline.
Include your full name, phone number and email address. Student letters must include year and major. Faculty and staff should provide their department and position on campus.
The Record staff thanks you in advance for following these guidelines. The editors will always try to make room for relevant letters, and we appreciate your cooperation.
Online Article Removal Policy
The Record does not remove articles from its website without a compelling legal justification. The editorial board of The Record reserves the exclusive right to modify this policy without notice and as it deems necessary.
The Record is the newspaper of record for news created by or affecting the SUNY Buffalo State community. The Record’s staff believes buffstaterecord.com should reflect the contents of the print version of the publication as accurately as possible. We believe unnecessarily altering the contents of buffstaterecord.com would be a disservice to our readers and the communities we serve by preventing our online component from accurately documenting history as it happens.
If you feel there is a legal justification for the publication to take down an article, column or other material appearing on buffstaterecord.com, please submit your request via email to email@example.com. Please include with your request:
The name of the written work,
The date of publication,
A hyperlink to the online version,
The legal justification for taking the work down.
The Record’s executive editor will respond to takedown requests immediately following internal examination.
The Record is funded exclusively through the United Students’ Government and the Mandatory Student Activity Fee.
- Company Name:The Record
Headquarters:1300 Elmwood Ave. Buffalo, NY 14222 Campbell Student Union, 414
Desktop Display, Social
- Headline:SUNY Buffalo State's award-winning student newspaper since 1913
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesAutomotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, Dating, Education, Entertainment, Financial Services, Food & Beverage, Gaming, Government & Politics, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Sports, Technology, Telecommunications, Travel & Leisure, eCommerce
- Key DifferentiatorAdvertise with The Record The Record is the largest media organization on SUNY Buffalo State’s 12,000-student campus. Throughout the 2015-16 academic year, The Record will publish 20 issues with a weekly print circulation of 1,500 and online circulation of approximately 10,000-15,000 monthly. The paper is published each Wednesday, when school is in session and is distributed to more than 20 locations across campus and surrounding communities, including locations inside the Campbell Student Union, Burchfield Penney Art Center, Rockwell Hall, E.H. Butler Library and athletics arenas , among others. For further information about advertising in The Record, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Online Ad Sizes and Rates Leaderboard Main – 728x90px 1 Week…$60.00 1 Month… $225.00 Leaderboard Small – 205x90px 1 Week…$50.00 1 Month…$180.00 Widget – 300x250px 1 Week…$45.00 1 Month…$165.00 Footer – 728x90px 1 week $50.00 Please contact our Ad Manager for more information. SUMMER ISSUE: August 5 Fall 2015 PRINT DATES: Sept. 9, Sept. 16, Sept. 23, Sept. 30, Oct. 7, Oct. 21, Oct. 29, Nov. 4, Nov. 11, Nov. 18, Dec. 2 The paper is published weekly on Wednesdays when school is in session. The deadline for submitting creative content is the Friday before the publication date. *please note these print dates are subject to change. Print Ad Sizes and Rates 1/8 Page ad (5.525” x 5.4”): Single 1/8 page ad – $80.00 Three 1/8 page ads – $150.00 1/4 Page ad, vertical (5.525” x 10.9”) OR 1/4 Page ad, horizontal (11.25” X 5.525”): Single 1/4 page ad – $125.00 Three 1/4 page ads – $275.00 1/2 Page ad (11.25” x 10.9”): Single 1/2 page ad – $250.00 Three 1/2 page ads – $600.00 Full Page ad (black and white) (11.25” x 22”): Single full page ad – $400.00 Three full page ads – $900.00 Rates for Color Display Ads: Full Page color ad (11.25” x 22”) – $500.00 Color is available for full page ads only. Classified Ads Classifieds can be printed as space permits. The rate for classified ads is $10.00. Placing an Ad Contact Information Dave DeLuca, Executive Editor email@example.com Office – (716) 878-4531 Cell – (716) 949-1485 1300 Elmwood Ave. Buffalo, NY 14222 Campbell Student Union, 414 Deadline: Print and web ads should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org sized to the appropriate specifications. Creative is due no later than noon on the Friday previous to the desired publication. Ads for print should be designed in Grayscale format (or CMYK if ad is full-pg color) and saved as a PDF file; ads for web should be designed in RGB format and saved as a JPG, GIF, or PNG file. Payment: The Record accepts payment in the form of check or money order only. All accounts must be paid in full within 30 days of publication.
- Owned / Operated Propertiesbuffstaterecord.com
- 2056314 Global Rank
- 2023152 United States
- 33.9k Estimated Visits
- 500 display total monthly uniques
- 800 display total monthly impressions
- 600 mobile total monthly uniques
- 1.1k mobile monthly overall impressions
Advertising on The Record will allow you to reach consumers in industries or verticals such as Sports, Food & Beverage, Financial Services, Healthcare, Health & Beauty, Dating, Gaming, Consumer Packaged Goods, Education, Technology, eCommerce, Government & Politics, Entertainment, Non-Profit, Automotive, Travel & Leisure, Telecommunications.
They are headquartered at 1300 Elmwood Ave. Buffalo, NY 14222 Campbell Student Union, 414, and have 2 advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus.