Welcome to the Wine Curmudgeon, overseen by Jeff Siegel. The blog focuses on the wine most of us drink – cheap wine. And it’s written by someone who has made cheap wine his life’s work and isn’t embarrassed about the choice.
I’m a nationally known wine writer whose work has appeared in a variety of newspapers. regional and national magazines, and websites. In everything I write, my philosophy is the same: The wine industry tries to intimidate consumers instead of educating them — and nuts to
that. That means you won’t see winespeak here, wine scores and ratings, or hoity-toity writing that implies that I’m better or cooler or neater than you are. Because I’m not. I just drink more wine.
My goal: To help Americans see wine as Europeans do, as something to drink every day. Even if it kills me.
Q. What does that mean?
A. You won’t see wine speak here, wine scores and ratings, or hoity-toity writing that implies that I’m better or cooler or neater than you are. Because I’m not. I just drink more wine.
Q. So what do you write?
A. Common sense articles about wine, written to help you understand what’s available and what it tastes like, as well as tips and advice about buying and drinking wine. My goal? Offer the information, and let you make the decision. The blog is about the process of wine, not me telling you what to drink.
Q. Where can I find the wine you write about?
A. Most of it is generally available; check with your local liquor or wine store. If it isn’t, I’ll make sure to mention it.
Q. What if I disagree with you?
A. Then let me know. Your opinions are always welcome — either by commenting on a post by clicking the comments link at the bottom of the article or by sending me an email. Just keep in mind that the atmosphere here is cordial, which means we don’t use any of George Carlin’s Seven Dirty Words. It’s not only OK to disagree — agreeing to disagree is encouraged.
- Company Name:WINE CURMUDGEON
Desktop Display, Email
- Headline:The Cheap Wine Expert
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesFood & Beverage
- Key DifferentiatorThe Wine Curmudgeon website accepts advertising at our discretion. Email me for advertising information and rates. There is no quid pro quo for any ads on the site that come from third parties, and all sponsored ads and content is labeled as such. The blog’s demographic information is currently unavailable through Quantcast; the blog typically ranks in Quantcast’s top 15 percent worldwide.
- Owned / Operated Propertieswinecurmudgeon.com
- 1650560 Global Rank
- 442824 United States
- 40.7k Estimated Visits
Advertising on WINE CURMUDGEON will allow you to reach consumers in industries or verticals such as Food & Beverage.
They have 2 advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus.