A little about CanadianISP
Canadianisp.ca - Is a wholly owned project of Marc Bissonnette / InternAlysis.
It was originally created as a joint venture with Bob Carrick of Carrick Solutions, with sole ownership transferring to Marc Bissonnette on February 16th, 2004.
Canadianisp.ca is the only website that allows you to search for an Internet service provider (Dial-up, ISDN, DSL, Cable, Satellite, Point to Point, Wireless, Voice Over IP (VoIP)), PBX services, bonded and symmetric DSL anywhere in Canada. Customers can post reviews, and ISPs submit their own services. All for free.
CanadianISP is also one of the most accurate and most up-to-date ISP lists on the 'net. There are many ISP lists out there, but the vast majority of them (as far as we have seen and we last searched and looked in April of 2011) are out of date, listing companies no longer in business, no longer providing connectivity or simply pages of ads with no relevance to the users' search parameters.
ISPs can submit and edit / update their own services at all times, free of charge.
Users of canadianisp.ca are able to search for an Internet service provider on a variety of fields, price range, city, type of service etc. Users are then presented with a list of ISPs that match those fields and can then click on any of those providers to find more detailed information.
Users of canadianisp.ca are able to rate and review their Internet service provider (ISP). Those reviews will be averaged out and viewed on the detail page specific to that Internet service provider (ISP). This gives other consumers an idea about the opinions the service provider enjoys in the eyes of its customers.
CanadianISP was launched Friday June 14th 2002. Development and improvement has been an ongoing process since launch. Over 220 (~33% of all ISPs in Canada) ISPs are now listed on the website serving over 7,000 cities across Canada. We continue to grow, with new ISPs adding themselves on a regular basis, as well as new search options and ISP information being added.
CanadianISPs' single largest source of ideas for new growth and evolution comes from our users: Both ISPs and consumers. Fully three quarters of the features and options you see within this site today are a direct result of requests from the public or the ISPs listed within.
CanadianISP is consistently either the #1 search result or in the top three search results for any major city name in canada plus the term "ISP" or "Internet Service Provider". CanadianISP is also referenced by provincial and municipal governments, media outlets and over 11,000 websites linking back to us as the single most authoritative - and neutral - Internet Service Provider information resource in Canada.
This has been accomplished by solid and relevant content, constant positive user reviews, word of mouth and use by the media as a source for informing consumers that they have a choice in Internet Service Providers in Canada.
If you wish to know a little more about me, professionally, you may review my resume:
Marc Bissonnette - Ontario, Canada. Curriculum Vitae / Reume
- Company Name:Canadian ISP
- CEO Name:Marc Bissonnette
Desktop Display, Social
- Headline:The largest ISP comparison site for broadband, dial-up, wireless point to point, cable, DSL and dry-DSL ISPs.
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesAutomotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, Energy and Utilities, Entertainment, Gaming, Non-Profit, Technology, Telecommunications, eCommerce
- Key DifferentiatorWhy advertise on CanadianISP ? The best reason for advertising on CanadianISP is the targeted traffic. The most distinguishing fact about traffic to CanadianISP is that ALL the visitors to this website are highly focused traffic: They are here for one thing and one thing only: To look for, compare and select an Internet Service Provider. Our visitors are not looking for gardening advice, they are not looking for financial products or a new car. This highly targeted visitor profile means your ads - and your listing - on CanadianISP are hitting a much more receptive audience than general advertising on a search engine or social media - Visitors to CanadianISP have already gone beyond the step of searching for options for ISPs and have come to a website where their next choice is made: Your ads are there to help influence that choice they are about to make. This means that we do not accept ads for car dealers, banks, health products or anything not related directly to the IT and ISP industry. The reason is simple: They would generate very low interest and therefore very low effect. Traffic numbers Traffic from Jan - Sep, 2014CanadianISP.ca went live on Friday, June 14th, 2002. Traffic to the site has consistently grown larger, year after year. At present, CanadianISP averages 35,000 unique visitors per month, making an average of 50,000 visits per month and viewing an average of 138,750 pages per month. What this means is nearly two visits per visitor (return visitors are good) and the average visitor is viewing at least three pages per visit (viewers are engaged with the site) To date, we are at over 5,100,000 searches for ISPs and over 210 ISPs listed on the site from coast to coast in Canada. CanadianISP is promoted on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and many, many other websites. We are also regulars within the DSLReports.com web community. CanadianISP is linked to by thousands of other sites on the 'net - from people sharing a link on a better deal in private email to provincial and federal pages listing ISPs by province, county or city. Listing an ISP on CanadianISP, just like using it, is completely free of charge. There are no "catches" to listing on CanadianISP. All ISPs have access to real-time traffic data on the site - including the custom-tracked searches by province, city, service type, residential and business searches. We also track the total numbers of searches, the number of times all ISPs detail pages have been viewed as well as how often they are clicked through to their own company pages. These tools prove invaluable to ISPs in planning service area and type expansions and support, as well as an element of competitive data to learn who is doing better than they are. ISPs who have never advertised on CanadianISP receive a 50% discount to any and all services up to six months - This is testament to our confidence in just how effective ISP advertising on CanadianISP is.
- Owned / Operated Propertiescanadianisp.ca
- 733219 Global Rank
- 35371 Canada
- 90.2k Estimated Visits
- 8.2k display total monthly uniques
- 41.5k display total monthly impressions
- 3.9k mobile total monthly uniques
- 14.8k mobile monthly overall impressions
They have 1 advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus.