A Blog about our Life in Italy
My name is Maria, my family is from Vicenza, near Venice, and together with my husband Andrew I am the owner of this site. That's me in the photo with my son .
Blog Italy Photos
It may not be the fanciest site on earth as it is just the two of us doing it all. I hope though that you will find it packed with useful information.
It took me years and years to discover the “real” Italy and that is what I want my site to be about.
Although I do cover the main tourist spots I will always have a lot about the hidden corners where the tourist seldom ventures.
I never feature lots of hotels and things like that either, only a few places I know personally and can recommend with confidence.
Of course I do hope you'll book through the Booking.com links on the site - they help us to keep going :-)
Our first home together in Italy was in Turin, a beautiful city in Italy’s northwest.
My husband worked for a multinational corporation and I taught at a language school.
Just after our son William was born my husband got quite ill, although it turned out to be nothing serious it gave us a huge fright.
We realized we were fed up with the rat race but neither of us had any clue as to what else we could do.
A Crazy Choice?
We decided that whatever we did it had to be something we loved doing. But what did we love doing? After many sleepless nights it dawned on us that we loved the place we lived – Italy.
Everything about the country is incredible, the people, the food, the places and we had lived here for so many years and discovered so much in that time. Couldn’t we share that with the world or were we just being crazy?
The internet was the obvious way to share our knowledge but both Andrew and I knew little about the internet. We tried to write a blog about our life in Italy but it just didn’t work out. We had so much to share about so many places that the blog format was all wrong. Then we built a “free” site but no visitors came.
At this point Andrew was all set to resigning himself to another thirty years of corporate life until we stumbled on SBI and finally we were able to share our passion and love for Italy with the world.
From the beginning both of us swore we would be honest to our principles even if it meant we made less money. We do need to earn a living but we have consistently refused to feature something if we didn’t like it.
I cannot count the times we have been approached by hotels, restaurants and other businesses to write about them and yet I doubt if more than ten percent have been good enough to be included on the site. It has cost us a lot of money but I feel better about myself and I believe that this is the only way that you, the visitor, can trust me.
- Company Name:Maria And Andrew's Venice-Italy-Veneto
Desktop Display, Social
- Headline:Publisher: Insiders Guide to Venice Italy, Verona and the Veneto
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesClothing & Fashion, Consumer Packaged Goods, Entertainment, Financial Services, Food & Beverage, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Retail, Sports, Technology, Travel & Leisure, eCommerce
- Key DifferentiatorHave a question about Italy? I am happy to try and help wherever I can with any advice. Whether your question has to do with Italian facts and figures, insider tips or tourist information please ask away! My family is from the north of Italy – near Venice and I tend to know this part of Italy best. However I lived in Piedmont for ten years, in the city of Turin, and know a fair bit about this north-western side of Italy too. Wherever in Italy it might be that you need information about I am always willing to try and help answer your questions. If I can’t help then I can certainly point you in the right direction. You too are welcome to answer any question, share interesting facts on Italy or add a comment. I look forward to hearing from you! Maria
- Owned / Operated Propertiesvenice-italy-veneto.com
- 4507679 Global Rank
- 763297 United Kingdom
- 6.7k Estimated Visits
They have advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus. According to their Ads.txt, Maria And Andrew's Venice-Italy-Veneto inventory partners include: aps.amazon.com, contextweb.com, c1exchange.com, coxmt.com, districtm.io, appnexus.com, indexexchange.com, google.com, openx.com, adtech.com, aolcloud.net, sharethrough.com, rhythmone.com, 1rx.io, triplelift.com, sovrn.com, lijit.com, emxdgt.com, gumgum.com, springserve.com, lkqd.net, spotxchange.com, yieldmo.com, rubiconproject.com, media.net.