Founded: December 2007, following the Shaw family’s acquisition of the Daily Chronicle in DeKalb, IL.
Daily Newspapers: Northwest Herald, Crystal Lake, IL; The Chronicle, St. Charles, IL; Daily Chronicle, DeKalb, IL
Weekly Newspapers: The MidWeek, Sycamore, IL; The Valley Free Press, Sandwich, IL; The Lake County Journal, and the Great Lakes Bulletin (publication for Great Lakes Naval Base).
Monthly Publications: The Business Journal, Crystal Lake, IL.
Web Sites: NWHerald.com; KCChronicle.com; Daily-Chronicle.com; MidWeekNews.com; VFPNews.com; LakeCountyJournal.com; Biz-Journal.com; McHenryCountySports.com; ChicagoBaseball365.com; ChicagoFootball365.com.
201,000 (combination of paid-daily and free-weekly distribution)
The philosophy of Shaw Suburban Media is commitment to community. We strive to make the communities we serve better places to live. For us, local is always first and foremost. We zealously defend the First Amendment as a necessity to ensure a free society.
DeKalb, Kane, Lake, McHenry counties, Chicago Suburbs (far north, west, and northwest)
From 2005 to 2025 the market area of DeKalb, Kane, Lake, and McHenry counties is projected to grow an amazing 34%. Referred to by some as “The Suburban Frontier,” Chicago-area residents have been attracted to the high quality of life offered by the four-county area.
Median Home Price:
$273,500 (Chicago MSA)
- Company Name:Northwest Herald
- Parent Company Name:Shaw Media
Headquarters:7717 S. Route 31 Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Desktop Display, Mobile Display, Social
- Headline:Local News and Video for McHenry County, Illinois
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesAutomotive, Government & Politics, Health & Beauty, Sports
- Key DifferentiatorThe Northwest Herald, a division of Shaw Media, is the only daily newspaper published in McHenry County. It consistently is recognized as one of the nation’s best community information sources. In recent years, the Northwest Herald has been a repeat winner of the Illinois Press Association's top honors for journalistic excellence and for excellence in advertising presentation. NWHerald.com is the No. 1 local website in McHenry County. It is the 2011 EPpy award winner for Best Daily Newspaper Website in its division. At Shaw Media, our purpose is, Making our communities better places to live. We take it seriously. Our first publication was launched over 150 years ago in Woodstock, Illinois. Since that time, we have been dedicated to improving the quality of life in the communities we serve. Whether we are reporting on important local matters, supporting a worthy local cause, or developing marketing programs to help local businesses succeed, we exist to fulfill our purpose. Today, we provide information in a variety of platforms, including daily and weekly newspapers, magazines and other niche publications, web sites, video, social media and messages delivered straight to your phone and email. Because of these technology advancements, we are better able to fulfill our commitment to the communities we serve by delivering the same relevant information and marketing solutions more quickly and in a number of ways.
- Owned / Operated Propertiesnwherald.com, biz-journal.com, findfredmail.com, mchenrycountysports.com
- 188928 Global Rank
- 37980 United States
- 347k Estimated Visits
- 185k display total monthly uniques
- 1.19M display total monthly impressions
- 54k mobile total monthly uniques
- 264k mobile monthly overall impressions
They are headquartered at 7717 S. Route 31 Crystal Lake, IL 60014, and have 14 advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus. According to their Ads.txt, Northwest Herald inventory partners include: google.com, appnexus.com, adtech.com, criteo.net, indexexchange.com, openx.com, rhythmone.com, rubiconproject.com, springserve.com, valueclickmedia.com, sovrn.com, lijit.com, gumgum.com, pubmatic.com, contextweb.com, sharethrough.com, spotxchange.com, spotx.tv, spoutable.com, bidfluence.com, districtm.io, sonobi.com, tremorhub.com, yieldlab.net, nativeads.com, lkqd.com, lkqd.net, saambaa.com, 33across.com, aolcloud.net, criteo.com, amazon.com, emxdgt.com, freewheel.tv, smartadserver.com, beachfront.com, carambo.la, sekindo.com, advertising.com, insticator.com, adform.com, improvedigital.com, tidaltv.com, brightcom.com, taboola.com, fyber.com, smartyads.com, admixer.net, xendiz.com, xapads.com, mobfox.com, adiply.com, mass2.com, connatix.com, synacor.com, nativo.com.