City Journal is the nation’s premier urban-policy magazine, “the Bible of the new urbanism,” as London’s Daily Telegraph puts it. During the Giuliani Administration, the magazine served as an idea factory as the then-mayor revivified New York City, quickly becoming, in the words of the New York Post, “the place where Rudy gets his ideas.” The Public Interest went further, calling City Journal “the magazine that saved the city.”
But City Journal is a national, not just a local, force, with a readership that spans the U.S. The country’s most thoughtful journalists are among the quarterly magazine’s subscribers, as are top businessmen and financiers. Public officials from coast to coast look to the magazine as a regular source of policy guidance. Leading newspapers, from the Wall Street Journal to the Los Angeles Times, regularly print adaptations of City Journal articles, disseminating the magazine’s influence to millions of readers.
City Journal offers a stimulating mix of hard-headed practicality and cutting-edge theory, with articles on everything from school financing, policing strategy, and welfare policy to urban architecture, family policy, and the latest theorizing emanating from the law schools, the charitable foundations, even the schools of public health. Since urban policy encompasses almost all domestic policy questions, as well as the largest issues of our culture and society, the magazine views its canvas as very broad indeed. The magazine holds itself to the highest intellectual, journalistic, and literary standards, aiming to produce absorbing reading for intelligent and discerning readers.
Brian C. Anderson
Michael Knox Beran
Edward L. Glaeser
Victor Davis Hanson
Kay S. Hymowitz
Heather Mac Donald
John O. McGinnis
Aaron M. Renn
Michael J. Totten
- Company Name:City Journal
Headquarters:52 Vanderbilt Avenue New York, NY 10017
Office Locations:New York, NY
Desktop Display, Mobile Display, Social, Desktop Video
- Headline:Myths and realities about America’s infrastructure spending
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesEducation, Entertainment, Financial Services, Government & Politics, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Sports, Technology, Travel & Leisure, eCommerce
- Key DifferentiatorAdvertising space is available in the print edition of City Journal, which reaches an audience of policy-makers, influential public thinkers, and smart, sophisticated readers. City Journal is “the most beautifully produced political magazine in the country,” according to PowerLine. It is designed to be kept on bookshelves and referred to repeatedly, rather than skimmed and thrown away—and that means more exposure for your ad. Rates black and white four-color cover 2 $3000 -- cover 3 $3000 -- cover 4 -- $3750 Discounts are available for year-long commitments.
- Owned / Operated Propertiescity-journal.org
- 121554 Global Rank
- 27669 United States
- 757k Estimated Visits
Advertising on City Journal will allow you to reach consumers in industries or verticals such as Non-Profit, Health & Beauty, Entertainment, Sports, Education, Government & Politics, Technology, Healthcare, Financial Services, eCommerce, Travel & Leisure.
They are headquartered at 52 Vanderbilt Avenue New York, NY 10017, and have 1 advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus.