95615.18584 websnapshot
  • Desktop Display
    • Brand Integrations
      Yes No
    • Sponsored Posts
      Yes No
    • Native Ads
      Yes No
    • High-Impact (Takeovers, Billboards, Overlays, Sliders, Skins)
      Yes No
    • Rich Media (Expandable & Non-Expandable)
      Yes No
  • Social
  • Desktop Video
    • In-Banner Video
      Yes No
    • Pre-Roll
      Yes No
    • Mid-Roll
      Yes No
    • Post-Roll
      Yes No
    • Video Companion Ad
      Yes No
    • Outstream Video
      Yes No
    • Custom Video Executions
      Yes No
  • Desktop Display, Social, Desktop Video
  • CPM
  • Web Publisher
  • Headline:
    publisher: East Oregonian
  • Self / Managed Service:
    Managed Service
  • Industries
    Consumer Packaged Goods, Education, Food & Beverage, Government & Politics, Sports
  • Key Differentiator
    The East Oregonian is the flagship paper of the EO Media Group (formerly East Oregonian Publishing Co.), a family-owned company since 1908. It is the daily paper for Umatilla and Morrow counties in northeastern Oregon. The East Oregonian was first published in Pendleton as a weekly newspaper in 1875 by M.P. Bull. Seven years later, C.S. "Sam" Jackson purchased the EO, and by 1883 it was printed semi-weekly. A building for the paper was constructed at the southeast corner of South Main Street and Emigrant Avenue in Pendleton in 1887, where the Children’s Museum of Eastern Oregon is located today. In 1888, the EO became a daily except Sunday. C.S. Jackson left the EO in 1902, leaving to run the Portland Evening Journal. Edwin B. Aldrich became editor and a part owner of the EO in 1908. Eventually, Aldrich and his descendents became full owners of the East Oregonian Publishing Co. Aldrich’s eldest daughter, Amy Aldrich Bedford, started work at the EO in 1949 as the manager of the EO’s commercial printing plant. She later became the promotions/public relations manager for the EO, and continued in this position until her death in 2006. Aldrich was editor until his death in 1951. Upon Aldrich's death, his son-in-law, J.W. "Bud" Forrester, became editor and his younger daughter, Eleanor Aldrich Forrester, became the business manager. Also in 1951, the East Oregonian opened a bureau on Main Street in Hermiston. In 1956, the EO’s main Pendleton office and printing plant relocated to a new building at 211 S.E. Byers Ave. In 1960 the East Oregonian purchased a Goss Suburban press, becoming the first daily paper west of St. Louis to use an offset web press. In 1964, the cold type method of typesetting was installed. Michael A. Forrester, son of Bud and Eleanor Forrester, became editor of the EO in 1973. That year, Bud Forrester moved west to become the editor of The Daily Astorian, where he remained until his retirement in 1988. Bud died in 2000; his wife Eleanor died in 2007. Stephen A. Forrester, brother of Mike Forrester, joined the company in 1987 as the editor of The Daily Astorian. He is now the publisher and editor of that 5-day per week newspaper. Michael A. Forrester was EO’s editor from 1973 until 1990, when he moved to Salem to become publisher of the Capital Press. He retired in 2003 but remains chairman of the board. Jacqueline Bedford Brown, daughter of Amy A. Bedford, came to work as the human resources manager of the company in 1988. She retired in 2008 and died in 2009. In 1994, the presidency of East Oregonian Publishing Co. passed from J.W. Forrester to Mike Forrester. In 2003, upon Mike’s retirement, Steve Forrester became president of the company. In 1998, the East Oregonian went online at www.eastoregonian.com. In 2000, the East Oregonian began publishing a Sunday edition, circulating throughout northeast Oregon. In 2002, www.eastoregonian.com was upgraded to include all the articles, photos and ads from the print edition. In 2005, the EO’s Pendleton office at 211 S.E. Byers Ave. was remodeled and enlarged, with the addition of a brick facade. In August 2006, the East Oregonian ceased publication of a Monday print edition, publishing breaking news online on Mondays. In 2007, Kathryn B. Brown, daughter of Jacqueline, has served on the company’s board of directors since 1997, and became secretary/treasurer in 2009. She came to work at the EO as associate publisher after a career in nursing. In 2010, longtime EOPubCo director Tom Brown (no relation to Jacqueline and Kathryn) becomes publisher and editor of the EO, after his retirement from Newspapers of New England. In 2011, a computer-to-plate system is installed at the EO, replacing old imagesetter technology. In March 2012, the East Oregonian changes from weekday afternoon delivery to become an all-morning publication, six days a week. Bob Carruth, previously advertising manager of the Capital Press, is named General Manager. In October 2012, the East Oregonian combined its Saturday and Sunday editions into a Weekend Edition published Saturday mornings, switching to five-day publication. In January 2013, East Oregonian Publishing Co. changed its name to EO Media Group. Tom Brown retired, Kathryn B. Brown was named Publisher and Bob Carruth was named Associate Publisher & General Manager. In July 2013, the EO's 1977 Goss Community press was replaced with a newer, faster press that includes both Goss and Tensor units, capable of printing 30,000 copies per hour, with increased capacity to print color. The EO Media Group also owns the Blue Mountain Eagle, Capital Press, Chinook Observer, The Daily Astorian,Coast River Business Journal, Seaside Signal, Cannon Beach Gazette,Hermiston Herald, Oregon Coast Today,and the Wallowa County Chieftain.
  • Owned / Operated Properties
Site Traffic
  • 325932 Global Rank
  • 68691
    United States
  • 243k Estimated Visits
Traffic Sources
  • Direct
  • Search
  • Social
  • Referrals
  • Mail
  • Display
Geography Breakdown
  • United States
  • India
  • Japan
  • Canada
  • Switzerland
Powered by Similar web
Network Data
Country Breakdown
  • United States
Email / Social Data
  • 23k
    Facebook fans
  • 4k
    Twitter followers
Add File