TFM is one of the North East’s biggest commercial radio station and part of Bauer Media; home to more than 80 influential media brands with millions of personal relationships with engaged readers and listeners. Our multi-platform brands spanning magazines, radio, TV and digital reach over nineteen million UK adults each and every week.
Here at TFM we have a very clear vision to connect well defined audiences with excellent content through our multi -platform approach whenever, wherever and however they want.
Delivering real, relatable and relevant content has allowed us to become a trusted part of our listeners daily routine, and with over 40 years of heritage, build relationships that will last a lifetime.
Our vision is only achieved through the passion, creativity and dedication of our people. Whether they’re working behind the mic, creating the next exclusive web article or working tirelessly behind the scenes; every one of our employees is passionate about making a difference and is truly integral to delivering successful results for our advertisers.
TFM - YOUR MUSIC.YOUR LIFE
Home of Steve and Karen’s Breakfast Show.
TFM 2 - THE GREATEST HITS
The best music of all time, news, traffic, travel and local information.
TFM 3 - THE HITS
Today’s fresh new music
- Company Name:TFM Your Music Your Life
Desktop Display, Social, Desktop Video
- Headline:New Official Home | All the Biggest Hits - All Day Long
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- Key DifferentiatorIf you would like to contact us about advertising enquiries, you can use the details below. We look forward to hearing from you! Phone: 0191 230 6100 - Reception 0191 279 0206 - Sales/Advertising Enquiries Postal Address: TFM, 55 Degrees North Pilgrim Street Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 6BF The 7 Wonders of Radio... 1. Radio offers efficient targeting Radio targets audiences efficiently because different stations attract different listeners – TFM listeners are different to Magic listeners etc. This allows advertisers to talk selectively to the groups they are most interested in. Added to this is TFM’s local structure, which means that brands can focus their activity very effectively onto key market areas. 2. Radio reaches people at relevant times and place Most radio listeners are engaged in another activity, and this means that advertisers can reach listeners at key “touchpoints” – when they are on the school run, surfing the internet, before going out on Friday nights, and so on. And now that radio can be heard on mobiles, on the internet etc, these touchpoints are becoming even more widespread. Research shows that advertising which is relevant to a listener’s other activity is over 60% more likely to be recalled. 3. Radio reaches out in an ad avoidance world Research shows that radio together with cinema, has the lowest level of advertising avoidance – people rarely switch stations, and are available to listen to any message that is relevant, creative, intriguing etc. This is a great opportunity for advertisers who want to reach out to new customers, or to tell existing customers something they didn’t know. 4. Radio has a “multiplier effect” on other media Radio’s way of multiplying the effect of other media is a feature of multi-media research studies. The original Millward Brown Awareness Multiplier Study showed how radio multiplies the effect of TV, and since then the finding has been re-echoed in the joint OAA/RAB study into radio & outdoor, and also the US RAEL study into radio vs print. Radio’s multiplier effect seems to originate in the fact that it is an audio-only medium, and therefore stimulates a different part of the brain. 5. Radio creates a large “share of mind” for a brand In the same that radio stations create chart music success, they create a sense of ubiquity for a brand. This is for two main reasons – firstly, because radio ads are on frequently, and secondly because listeners tend to spend so long listening. A brand which is big in radio can create a disproportionately large share of mind for itself. 6. Radio drives response, especially online Radio has always been a strong “call-to-action” medium, and this is even more true in a world where consumers access brands via the internet. Recent IAB/RAB joint research revealed that at any given time a fifth of internet surfers are listening to radio – so they are a click away from interacting with a brand. 7. Radio is “a friend” Listeners use radio for emotional reasons – to keep their spirits up, to stop themselves from feeling bored in a car or isolated while doing daily chores. This leads to them seeing radio as a kind of friend, and this is a valuable context for an advertiser to appear in. It is even more powerful when advertising extends through into branded content – sponsorships & promotions. When a TFM presenter talks about “our friends at Company X”, the listener is hearing about a friend of a friend – this has a strong effect on bringing a brand closer. Creative Solutions at TFM Here at TFM and Magic 1170 our focus is on delivering impactful creative solutions. It's a simple process of you giving us a brief and our team swiftly responding with great creative ideas that we know will deliver the results you need. We recognise how more impactful an integrated communication campaign can be and that's why we offer many options from traditional media through to new digital solutions. Our services include: on-air and on-line advertising, on air sponsorship and promotions, events, field marketing, creative concepts, artwork design, website builds, web search engine optimisation, email design and delivery, podcasting and videocasting. The reason we deliver results for clients is quite simple; we're the biggest and the best station in the North East . Each and every week over half a million (522,000 to be precise) people tune into TFM and Magic 1170. We broadcast across Teesside, Stockton and Middlesborough playing music for a broad 25-44 audience with TFM. Magic 1170 plays the best of the 60s, 70s and more, and appeals to an older listener typically aged 44-59. The TFM/Magic 1170 difference is its entertaining on air personalities, variety of music, big exciting promotions and the quality local content; news, traffic information and travel and sport. Listen to some of our adverts: GNER - Bottoms (mp3) Gormans - Mouth Watering (mp3) North Tyne Tourism - Discover Pass (mp3) Springfield Honda - Mark Heap Used (mp3) Winns - Nice Like That (mp3). Don't just take it from us, below are a few of our clients from different sectors explaining why they choose TFM, Dalton Park celebrated their 5th birthday with a four week Fiver Fever promotion that dominated Metro Radio culminating in a grand final with a birthday party event at Dalton Park. Heather Scott, Marketing Manager said ...."the coverage we received and our event on Saturday were fabulous ... with over 5000 cars attending, in the region of 17 to 20,000 people! Along with record Sales for the day!" The Tile Shed first came on air in January 08 with a three month campaign that included strong creative and a measurable offer. Across the three month period sales increased by 10%. Landsdown Taxis targeted the massive student fresher market with a sponsorship of a TFM developed interactive website for Freshers, OnLine Newcastle, coupled with 10,000 joint branded lanyards which were distributed to the new freshers. Landsdown received a record 4,500 calls in the first week of the campaign! Go North East bus driver recruitment open day was attended by over 100 people. The client said this was a great success, reaching new quality people that would not usually pick up the traditional recruitment pages of local press. Win a conservatory from Finishing Touches ran on TFM, directing listeners to our website. Over 2000 entered and 854 opted in to receive more information from Finishing Touches! Advertising The basis of all great campaigns; a well crafted creative script, precise plotting to give you a schedule that reaches your target audience with delivery in an environment that will cut through. Advertising works really well with a website profile as any finer details , special offers and links can be hosted on-line with the on air campaign signposting listeners to this. Sponsorships Sponsorships are long term associations with TFM whereby we endorse your brand through a particular feature or show e.g. traffic and travel, weather or Steve and Karen in the Morning. Sponsorship offers unique & exclusive means of increasing awareness for a product, business or service. Promotions Promotions are short term activities such as interactive competitions that can achieve a direct response. Promotions work best as part of the marketing mix. They can be used to support a sponsorship or above the line campaigns, ensuring all areas work much harder. Promotions enable listeners to get physically involved with the station. The radio promotion is completely flexible and is only limited by the imagination! Website Our websites continues to grow with approximately 29,000 unique users visiting each month. On-line you can sponsor features, there are advertorial opportunities and traditional page advertising with buttons and banners. Our most recent addition are podcasts and videocasts with specific editorial content that can be sponsored. Alternatively we can script and produce a podcast/videocast specific to your business. If your business needs a website building or improving our digital team can provide the solution you require. In addition to web builds we also offer a Search Engine Optimisation service to improve your ranking on sites like Google search. The Team Our creative team has the most talented and sought after writers in the country. Our impressive client list is extremely diverse but they all have one thing in common – our undivided attention. As radio specialists we know that commercials are often more than selling messages. They build brand attributes and can establish a position for your business within your market; that’s why we lead with creative. From a detailed brief take to writing and production, our creative team works closely with clients to deliver results. It’s not just about writing quality scripts, it’s about casting the right voice-over, choosing the right music and producing great sounding radio ads that work.
- Owned / Operated Propertiestfmradio.com