Montesano Vidette is a Public Relations company located in 109 W Marcy Ave, Montesano, Washington, United States.
- Company Name:The Vidette
Headquarters:109 W Marcy Ave Montesano, Washington 98563-3615 United States
Office Locations:Montesano, Washington
Desktop Display, Email, Social
- Headline:Publisher: Montesano Vidette
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesGovernment & Politics, Retail, Sports
- Key DifferentiatorWhen co-founder J.W. Walsh made a trip to Portland, Ore., he was asked why he named his newspaper Vidette. His reply was, "Because the name is a French term for the forward point, or outer perimeter guard, of the main body of troops." It has also been said that the word "vidette" belongs to the military and means sentinel, a mounted sentinel on the frontier. When The Vidette was founded on Feb. 1, 1883, it was claimed to be the westernmost newspaper in the continental United States. "We are here. We mean business. And we mean to stay." Those words were what founders J.E. Calder and J.W. Walsh wrote in their very first edition of the Vidette on February 1, 1883, and The Vidette has not missed an issue since. Today, The Vidette is owned and published by the Stephens Media Group. The Vidette is housed in the oldest commercial building in Montesano in 1911 built to house the newspaper. In 2000, The Vidette was named Business of the Century by the Montesano Chamber of Commerce.
- Owned / Operated Propertiesthevidette.com
CONTACT INFO & EMAIL
- 5687627 Global Rank
- 1125091 United States
- 4.08k Estimated Visits
Email / Social Data